Thursday 28 April 2011

The Animated Childhood

A few days back i was skimming through a blog that mentioned about the television serials that we as children used to watch. When there was no Cartoon Network or Pokemon to poke in our lives and our lives used to be no less than a fantasy.A life where we were the rulers free of any pressure, expectation or duties.It felt good to read about all those gems that made our weekends so special.
And just yesterday I heard the very familiar and beautiful ringtone on the cellphone of a friend of mine.Well, here exactly is this song etched in each of our minds :

'Zindagi toofani hai jahaan hai Duckburg gaadiyan lasers Hawaijaz ye hai Duckblur rehesye suljhaao itihaas bannaao Ducktales wooo hoooooo'

This song brought a rush of nostalgia in me reminding me of the days when I used to sit in front of the Idiot box for hours together,When Cable T.V. used to be a new phenomenon in our houses.So i decided to pen down a little something about everything these cartoons were to us.

DUCK TALES


As the picture tells all, Who can forget the McDuck family, A family having so many interesting people living under the same roof. The miser Scrooge McDuck , His three mischievous nephews Louie,Hewie and Douie,The cute little Webbie or the very caring Mrs Beakley, The butler Duckworth and the ever crashing Launchpad Mcquack became a source of tickling our funny bone.The expedition and adventure of these lovable characters drifted us to a different world where at every corner we along with them were busy hunting treasure with slight impediments by the Beagle Boys and The sorceress Magica. A serial so beautifully framed that it hypnotized our minds with its awe and charm.


TALES PIN
A few years back :
Me :  Mom I wanna become a pilot
Mom : Why son ?
Me : Because Baloo can fly a plane and I wanna fly like him

This small conversation between me and my mother is sufficient enough to give a hint to the readers that how big a fan I was of Papa Bear. Years passed and i become bloated enough  not to become a pilot but this serial is etched in each and every atom of the grey matter I have.
A serial so charming and so interesting that even a calamity would not be able to shirk me  from watching
my favourite Baloo and his associate Kit Cloudkicker.The bossy yet caring Madam Rebbecca and her lovable daughter Molly always gave the constant warmth of a family that Baloo always yearned to have.
Also The mishappenings with the Mr. Baddie Don Karnage and the parties of Louie the bartender were a delight to watch. In all this cartoon was a complete package of action,humuor,drama,jealousy and Love.

 ALADDIN


As a child  Science was something that used to send me in a fit of Nausea and dizzyness which used to spin my head faster than Earth. But Magic was something that I was always addicted towards . Oh no, I don't used to do magic tricks . I used to watch them and who better than the 'As blue as Sky Genie to show some of his all went wrong magic tricks. This serial, a feature at 7:00 PM on Sony TV was the last yet the most alluring phenomenon of my day. The crook yet courageous Aladdin, The very beautiful but brave Jasmine, The always parroting parrot Yago and the mischievous monkey Abu were some characters about whom you could tirelessly watch for hours together. Along with them , The wicked legerdemain Mozenrath,The foolish and potbellied Abismal and the machine genius Mechanical were always fun to see get defeated. Overall a high quality and captivating cartoon that enthused our worlds with its share of Magic.

I would like to bring curtains to this blog after feeling satisfied and  joyous remembering the legends I once used to watch and would love to do again.











3 comments:

  1. nice post... it reminded me of childhood days... :) very nicely written..

    ReplyDelete
  2. aladdin is my favourite among these.. nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thnx @Girl with a red bag and Shubhanu

    ReplyDelete